What do you need to know about me? Well, I love learning and I love teaching. I have provided you with all the details you need about me here:
- Qualified Teacher Status and a PGCE.
- an interdisciplinary Ph.D from the University of Nottingham.
- an MA (by Research) German and a BA (hons) German and Portuguese.
a Certificate in Personal Coaching and have coached and mentored numerous people to achieve their goals.
- over 10 years’ experience of tutoring and teaching children and also adults in Higher & Further Education in the UK, Ireland, Austria & Brazil.
- recently been successfully DBS checked and on the Update Service.
- excellent 2017 GCSE results: 100% A*-C.
- been awarded ‘outstanding’ during a recent observation of my WEA teaching.
- won a HE teaching award and excellent references & student feedback.
- Associate Member Status of the HEA for Higher Education teaching.
- published my research and an edited academic book.
- also got a career as a freelance writer and a life coach.
- dyslexia and ADHD and have learned lots of coping strategies to deal with these conditions!
- designed my own teaching materials and courses.
- lived in 5 different countries.
- a love for learning and teaching.
I am teaching at or have taught at the following educational organisations:
- The Workers’ Educational Association Film Studies and History Lecturer (2013-2014 and 2017 – present)
- DaDaABC – Tutor of English as a Foreign Language (2017 – present) online
- The Tuition Pod English and SEND tutor (2017-present) in Thorpe Bay
- Explore Learning – Tutor of Maths, English and the 11+ (2017 – present) in Thorpe Bay
- 3 high schools (2 grammar schools, 1 comprehensive) in the UK (2015 – 2017) and a junior high school in Vienna, Austria (2007)
- Maynooth University (Ireland) (2014 – 2015)
- The University of Nottingham (2010 – 2014)